Monday, April 28, 2014

Teaching is like..

Teaching is like the universe. You are constantly discovering new ways to teach just like they keep discovering new things in the universe. Once it seems like you have settled on a certain something, something else that is new and interesting comes along. It is important to always discover and try new things because you never know what is out there that just might be the answer to everything! We are always curious and we want to know what is out there in our universe, just like we always want to keep learning in the classroom.


One thing I found very interesting was the international assessments and where the US stands. I found this interesting because I honestly had no idea that we were ranked that low when we are the country who spends the most money on education. It honestly blows my mind, and we clearly need to start making some changes. Other countries are setting the bar high and setting great examples so maybe we should start to do some more research.

Another things I found very interesting was when we talked about all of the different schools. For example; the outdoor kindergarten and Summerhill. I honestly had no idea that those types of schools even existed. I found this so interesting because I feel that schools are becoming less safe and I know that a lot of parents feel the same way so these types of schooling might become more and more popular throughout our future generations. I found these schools to be very intriguing.

I also found the factors influencing classroom attitudes to be very informative. As a beginning teacher, it is important to know how to respond to these students and how to develop relationships with these students in order to break the barrier. You have to form a bond and trust with your students so they feel comfortable in your classroom. If they are comfortable and they want to learn then your students will be successful.

Throughout this course, I have learned to see different perspectives. By reading and responding to others every week, I was able to get a different look at things and get insight to new information. I think it was very beneficial. Just like our students, every child is unique, and so is everyone in this course. It is about respecting others and their ideas and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment